Some consider getting a massage a luxury that simply makes you feel good. But with an influx of research over the years, medical practitioners have come to realize that massage therapy has a wide range of benefits that can improve an individual’s overall well-being.
Benefits of massage therapy
Here are some of the amazing benefits of massage therapy:
- Improves posture: Many persons occupy jobs that place them behind a desk for several hours daily, a practice that has been linked to numerous health complaints. This problem has been compounded by the global pandemic, which has forced some to work from home, confined to small spaces with seating that does not support proper posture. With that in mind, it is not surprising that more people are now suffering from neck, shoulder and lower back pains.
Massage therapy can strengthen the core muscles and relieve tension that may be caused by bad posture to allow you to position yourself in a natural, pain-free way.
- Improves circulation: As muscles and tendons are relaxed during massage therapy, the body’s circulatory system begins to operate more effectively. With improved circulation, the body will be better able to deliver oxygen and nutrients to your muscles and organs and eliminate toxins.
- Lowers blood pressure: When massage therapy enhances blood flow, it, in turn, assists with lowering blood pressure. Therefore, a healthy lifestyle, coupled with massage therapy, can help with the management of hypertension and related complications.
- Eases aches and pains: Massage therapy relaxes the body, loosens tight muscles, and releases trigger points to provide relief from migraines, tension headaches, lower back pain, knee pain and other aches and pains.
- Lessens stress, anxiety and depression: In these recent, uncertain times, many are on edge, wondering what will be next to affect the world. If you, are worried or feeling overwhelmed because of what is happening around you, you may benefit from massage therapy. Frequent massage therapy can eliminate stress and can help to reduce anxiety and depression.
- Boosts self-esteem: When your body is free of aches and pains and your mood is improved, your self-esteem will also see a boost.
- Improves sleep habits: Massage therapy can cause an increase in serotonin levels. Serotonin is vital for the production of melatonin, the hormone that controls sleep cycles and ensures a good night’s rest.
Want to access the benefits of massage therapy?
Are you in need of massage therapy in Vancouver? Then look no further than Body Option Clinic. At Body Option Clinic, we specialize in a myriad of massage services to eliminate chronic pain and help you achieve optimal health and wellness.