What are ICBC Accident Benefits?
ICBC’s benefits have changed as of April 1, 2019. See their announcement.
What are ICBC accident benefits?
ICBC accident benefits are automatically included in your ICBC basic auto insurance policy. ICBC accident benefits help you recover lost wages, medical costs, funeral expenses and death benefits. ICBC has recently announced that they are increasing ICBC accident benefits from $150,000 to $300,000.
Are you eligible for ICBC accident benefits?
If you fall under one of the following categories, you are eligible for ICBC accident benefits as long as you open a claim with ICBC.
- Occupants of a vehicle licensed and insured in BC
- Owner of Vehicle
- Member of the owner’s household
- Anyone hit by a vehicle while a pedestrian or cyclist
ICBC accident benefits help you relieve that financial stress after an accident.
Coverage limits for wages and homemaker benefits are as follows:
- 75% of average gross weekly income minus weekly total of other disability benefits or $300, whichever is less
- Up to 15 weeks of EI
- Homemaker benefits up to $280 per week to hire a person
*This information may change. Please visit ICBC.com to find the most up to date information.